Map Carriers to Ship Services
- Go to Administration > System Config > Ship Service Levels.
- At the bottom left, press the [Add Service] button, and name the service level.
- From here, you can set specific parameters for the service level
- Speed- approx. speed for this service
- Ship Days- How many days a customer can expect an order to ship from the facility
- Arrival Days- How many days a customer can expect an order to arrive at their address
- Cancel Days -How many days before an untimely fulfilled order is canceled
- Consolidated- Allow or prevent orders in this service to be consolidated
- Include Return Labels- Include return labels in orders using this ship service
- At the bottom of the Carrier Class Mappings pane, press the [Add Mapping] button.
- Under Carrier Account choose the desired account from the drop-down menu.
- Then, select the appropriate Carrier Class from its drop-down menu.
- Repeat steps 4-6 until all carrier classes for the selected shipping service are included.
Tip: Hovering over any of the bold headers can give you a brief description of what they are for.
If desired, you may differentiate multiple Carrier Class mappings and set rules that determine the different carriers that can be used for different shipments. Read this article, "Configure Rules-based Shipping", for more info.
Map Ship Services to Channels
When creating a new Ship Service, you'll need to map your Shipping Method to the RetailOps Ship Service. For example, if you offer your customers a shipping service level named "Free Shipping", you could map this to your "Economy" ship service in RetailOps. The "Mapping" field must match your customer facing ship service name exactly.
RetailOps also allows you to map the same Ship Service to multiple channels, eliminating duplicate shipping services. For example, if you offer "Free shipping" on your main site, and "Free Ground Shipping" on your secondary site, both could be mapped to your RetailOps Ship Service titled "Free Shipping".
- Click to expand the Channels pane. Select the desired sales channel.
- Switch to the Ship Services Mappings tab. At the bottom of the tab, press the [Add Mapping] button.
- Enter a Mapping name. Mappings are named after the customer-facing shipping options available for the sales channel. (Please note, this field is case sensitive, and must match the customer-facing shipping name)
- Select the Ship Service level.