What is the Inventory Transfer Tool?
The inventory transfer tool provides users with the ability to arbitrarily request SKUs be moved from one location to another, and to do so systematically without manually disrupting warehouse operations flows.
For example, let's say you're running a promotional photo shoot for an upcoming marketing campaign and want certain SKUs to be fetched from the warehouse and brought to the office. Instead of running out to the warehouse with a list of SKU and asking someone to find and fetch these items, you can simply create an inventory transfer request.
What is a Batch?
A batch is a group of inventory requests issued at one time. A batch specifies the location in which the transferred items are going to or coming from. If you are using a “to” batch, there is only one destination, however it can pull SKUs from more than one location. If you select the “from” batch it prompts you to select a location for the batches’ destination. The location of the destination for the batch is determined by the inventory container selection.
How to use the Inventory Transfer tool.
Select "Inventory Transfer" located in the Product section of the left hand navigation.
Once inside the tool you can you can Create a batch, Select SKUs to transfer, and Submit transfers to be fulfilled using the iOS console warehouse app.
Create a Batch
- Select the "+" icon to create a new batch of transfers.
- Name the batch.
- Select the Destination to identify where you want the items to go. You may want to use the Inventory Containers tool to create new locations for items being transferred if you don't already have them.
- Select Create.
* Known issue: you will then need to select the cancel button after creating the batch to move on to step 5.
Add Items to the batch.
5. Using the search bar, which uses the same search functionality as the Product Search Tool, find the SKUs you'd like to transfer. Each row in the result set is one SKU. The current quantity of each SKU is specified in a unique column for each facility configured in your instance.
6. Click the quantity you'd like to transfer inventory from. In the example below SKU: 46, with a quantity of 10, is to be transferred from the San Diego location.
7. Click "Add SKU to Selected Batch".
NOTE: There is a shortcut to creating a New Batch. You can skip steps 1-4 by starting with your search for SKUs and when selecting the quantity to transfer; select "New Batch: (SKU) to (Location)" or "New Batch: (SKU) from (Location)". When you select one of these options a new batch will be created, and a description will automatically be entered into the field for you.
Review and Submit the batch.
8. To adjust the quantity to be transferred from a selected SKU already in a batch, simply click on the Quantity you want to adjust, and enter the desired value.
9. Once you've reviewed the batch, and are ready to send it to the warehouse. Click "Submit".
Batch fulfillment is completed by warehouse personnel using the RetailOps handheld console Inventory Transfers app.