What is RateOpti?
Rate Optimization or “RateOpti” is a shipping label selection feature of RetailOps that automatically determines the most affordable Ship Carrier and Ship Class for a given customer Order Shipment while maintaining customer arrival expectations.
How Does it Work?
When creating a shipment in the Ship Audit tool, our system pushes dimensions and weight of the package to the Ship Carrier API. The Ship Carrier API then returns prices for various shipment carriers. The system selects the most affordable option that will arrive on time and generates its label.
What are the Benefits of RateOpti?
- RateOpti ensures you will always get the most affordable shipping options.
- Simplify and expedite your Ship Service configuration.
- Guarantee that customers get their packages on time.
Without RateOpti, a user processing a shipment would select a Ship Carrier/Ship Class from the drop-down within the Ship Audit tool. Choosing from a drop-down leaves room for error as a user could click a higher-priced shipping service than intended. When using RateOpti, Ship Carrier/Ship Class is automatically selected (based on the most economical option that fits delivery deadline) when the shipment processes through Ship Audit. The Ship Carrier/Ship Class chosen will be displayed in the “Accepted Rate Offer” column.
How Can I Start Using RateOpti?
- Reach out to a Help Desk representative by opening a new ticket or sending us an email.
- Make sure your instance is using version 2.9 or above.
- Set “Arrival Days” on your Service Levels in the Ship Service Levels administration tool.
- Notify us that your "Arrival Days" are configured and ready to go.