Back Stock Replenishment is a new workflow functionality within the RetailOps platform which allows our customers to utilize deep levels of inventory while keeping in mind and tracking active shelf space. This features adds a WMS module that handles receiving and storage of Backstock inventory and automatically issues transfer instructions to replenish primary pickable locations. With this workflow, you can list backstock inventory as available on your sales channel, and have that inventory be allocatable to orders, even if the container in which it is located is not deemed pickable.
Phase One - New Features With This Release.
- "Allocatable" Container Type: With Phase One of this release we have added a new container "Area" type, named "Allocatable" Allocatable containers are ones which quantity is available and will be allocated to new orders, however, this container type will not allow the item to be picked until it has been transferred to a pickable location.
- "Pending Transfer" Status: The new status for these types of orders is called "Pending Transfer", Orders in "Pending Transfer" status have been allocated from the "Allocatable" container i.e. "Backstock" inventory, and will not be able to be routed to a pickable status until sufficient inventory has been moved to a "Pickable" location.
- The Reporting Tool has been updated to Include "Pending Transfer" Status orders on Shipment Item and Fulfillment Item Data Sources.
To begin this process you will create a new container range whose type will be set to "Allocatable", upon receiving the product (or by using the inventory search tool to move inventory) you can add back-stock inventory to the new container range. This inventory will appear as available on your Sales Channel for new customer orders, however, it will not be available to be waved/picked by the warehouse team. When the inventory from the "Pickable" location has been depleted, Shipments which have been allocated to the "Allocatable" inventory container will be put into status "Pending Transfer." "Pending Transfer" status shipments can be viewed from the Dashboard using a Report to determine the amount to be transferred. A user will then need to retrieve items from the list of required SKUs, and move them to a pickable location via the inventory transfer tool, inventory search tool, or the mobile console. Upon all SKUs having been moved, the orders can now be waved and processed as normal.
Phase Two - New Features Yet to Come.
- Zone Hierarchy
The Facility/Zone tool within the system config panel shall be extended such that a Parent zone may be optionally specified for each zone. This is necessary to allow one target quantity to be set for a single overarching Pickable zone versus individual Pickable zones.
- Zone Target Quantities
Designate one numeric attribute which may be set on individual SKUs, and one attribute meta field which may be set on the existing product Category attribute, such that a “Pickable” target quantity (IE the ideal quantity which is desired in a Pickable zone) to be set per product category, and optionally overridden for individual SKUs.
- Minimum Transfer Quantities
Designate one numeric attribute which may be set on individual SKUs, and one attribute meta field which may be set on the existing product Category attribute, such that a “Minimum Transfer” quantity (IE the ideal quantity which is desired to be Transferred at a time) to be set per product category, and optionally overridden for individual SKUs
- Automated Transfer Issuance
As needed to meet inventory targets within the Pickable zone, a background process will continuously add, modify, or remove eligible inventory transfer request records within the RetailOps inventory transfer system. Inventory transfer requests shall be initiated as needed to provide for the total arrived quantity in the prime pick zone inclusive of the target quantity specified by the designated attributes for that SKU PLUS the sum-total of all shipment quantities awaiting that SKU within the WMS. Inventory transfer requests initiated by this automated process shall be the greater of: the quantity needed to meet the total target physical units within the Pickable zone, OR the specified minimum transfer quantity for that SKU.
- Inventory Transfer Tool Updates
Update the Inventory Transfer tool within the iOS app such that it is available within the new iOS application. Additionally, extend the Inventory Transfer tool such that the user can specify a picked quantity, which may be higher or lower than the requested quantity. Existing functionality surrounding the transfer container shall be maintained as-is, such that the Transferring user will use the Quick Move tool to scan the transfer container into the Pickable zone before the transfer shall be considered to be complete. This step remains necessary,
- Inventory Transfers Reporting
The RetailOps Reporting system shall be augmented to include new data sources necessary to report on Inventory Transfer Requests and Inventory Transfer Fulfillments directly.
- A Dashboard Widget has been added which will convey the current Total Quantity of Shipments Pending Transfer, Total Count of SKUs Pending Transfer, and Total Quantity of Items Pending Transfer.